After a visit at work from OFSTED this week, I needed to de-stress a little. My husband took me out for a meal after work on Friday. I was really excited because he’d found a place that did gluten-free pasta.
We went to Prezzo at Sheffield Centertainment. The restaurant was clean and the staff were friendly so that was a good start. I asked about gluten-free options and was amazed when they brought a gluten-free menu with lots of options. I was overwhelmed with choice! In the end I went for the chicken and asparagus risotto as I don’t get to have this very often. It’s not very Slimming World friendly (think about 550 cals), but hey, I needed a treat. I didn’t have a dessert or any alcohol so using this as flexible syns.
I felt reassured by the amazing menu. When they took our order they even doubled checked that it was the gluten-free version of the risotto that I wanted.
My husband’s spaghetti carbonara looked lovely and so did my risotto. It was very tasty! Not healthy, but worth the calories. I’d love to go back as a treat sometime and would probably go for something a little less rich.
- STARTERS: MARINATED OLIVES and LARGE PANE CON CIPOLLA
- PIZZAS: MARGHERITA, VERDE, TRE GUSTI, PROSCIUTTO E FUNGHI, WILD MUSHROOM, VESUVIO, CHICKEN AND N’DUJA SAUSAGE and TROPICANA
- PASTA: PENNE ARRABBIATA, PENNE WITH WILD MUSHROOMS, PENNE ALLA RUSTICANA, PENNE WITH KING PRAWNS, PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND N’DUJA, PENNE GORGONZOLA, PENNE BOLOGNESE, PENNE CON SALMONE and PENNE CARBONARA
- RISOTTO: KING PRAWNS, WILD MUSHROOMS and CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
- GRILLS: SEA BASS, CHARGRILLED CHICKEN BREAST, CALABRESE and GORGONZOLA
- SIDES: MIXED SALAD, MASHED POTATO and ROCKET SALAD
- DESSERTS: BLOOD ORANGE POLENTA CAKE and ICE-CREAM