Ok, I’m a bit obsessed with wraps at the moment. Bfree’s Sweet Potato Wraps are only 95 Kcal each so they’re a good choice, especially if you’re gluten free and fed up of potatoes and rice!
I was originally cooking a tandoori chicken recipe for my husband and myself. When I opened the healthy pouch of sauce it smelt strongly of star anise, which is one of the flavours I can’t stand. So he got his curry with rice (he enjoyed it) and I needed a quick adaptation for myself.
So here it is:
100g chicken pieces – 106 Kcal
Tesco stir fry medley pack (minus the chilli) – 78 Kcal
15g Aldi sweet chilli sauce – 29 Kcal
Bfree Sweet Potato Wrap – 95 Kcal
- Stir fry the chicken and vegetables in a wok.
- Add the chilli sauce.
- Serve on a wrap.
A delicious low calorie lunch full of healthy ingredients. Fresh, filling and gluten free.
- Total calories: 327
- Total carbs: 30g
- Total protein: 21g
- Syns on Slimming World: free
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 diced red or yellow pepper
- 30g diced onion
- 100g tinned tomatoes
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of paprika
- 2tsp garlic puree
- 2 large sized eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the onion, peppers, carrot, paprika and cumin in Frylight for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and 50ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and crack the eggs into it.
- Put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes. I put mine in a Pyrex dish as my frying pan has a plastic handle and can’t go in the oven.
Want more inspiration? You might like Quick Low Calorie Lunch: Salmon, egg and spinach plate (GF).
After a low calorie lunch? Try this delicious plate containing plenty of greens and protein. Coeliac? Don’t worry it’s gluten free!
- Total calories: 230 Kcal
- Total protein: 25g
- Total carbs: 2g
- Points on Slimming World: free
Prepare a plate with 40g of washed spinach. Add strips of smoked salmon (50g). Fry two eggs in Frylight (or poach them) and add to the dish. Add a sprinkle of paprika to add some colour.