A speedy mid-week recipe for Chilli Beef. I used chunks of beef but you could use mince or Quorn if you’d like. It’s great for making up in bulk and freezing for future meals. Mine was served on a bed of crushed Charlotte potatoes. You might like it on rice or as a topper for your baked potato.
The meal is free on Slimming World and gluten free.
- 200g beef pieces
- 1 Knorr beef stock cube
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots in slices
- 1 aubergine diced
- 1/2 tin of sweetcorn
- tin of red kidney beans
- tin of baked beans
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- boiled Charlotte potatoes
- Lightly fry the onion in Frylight for a few minutes.
- Add the beef pieces and cook thoroughly.
- Add the carrots and aubergine and lightly fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn, kidney beans, baked beans, tomatoes, chilli flakes, chilli powder and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes on a plate first, lightly crush with a potato masher and then top with the chilli beef mix.